Baby, It's cold outside....

    Winter has arrived. A fierce winter storm is predicted for the region. Not to worry the Fearless Artist is prepared. You will find me in a warm studio with paintings on the easel waiting for completion. I have new ideas simmering, like tea in a kettle on the back burner.
    Winter can be a challenge. But, there is also a beauty to the season when a quilt of snow lays down over the landscape. I find the colors of a snowy day inspiring. This painting was influenced by the view off my porch in Washington State. I enjoyed making the snow fall by splattering paint and dropping bits of lace paper onto the canvas surface. 
     This work is a mixed media using acrylics with collage on a 16" x 20" canvas and includes a maple frame.  
            Do you know someone that loves the beauty of snow falling, a friend or family member who enjoys the quiet tranquil hush of a winter day? This painting would be a perfect gift for your special snow bunny. Purchase it from my web site http://www.embart.com/artsales.html and receive FREE shipping on your order of this original work of art.

     This weekend as old man winter blows across the country I will be working on a new collection of paintings. My series is influenced by my desire to "honor the past". Next week I will publish a picture of my first painting(s) from this series. Please come back to see what a snowy weekend does for the Fearless artist. 
      In the mean time, Stay warm my friends.

Comments

Popular Posts