Have you ever taken an art workshop?

 Do you paint?...


Pablo Picasso once said "As an artist, all I need is my paints and brushes - and someone to drag me away when the canvas is done."
 What a quote! Do these words hold a special meaning with you? 
Do you have questions about your artwork? 

If so, I would like to help you.

Painting is a continuous labor of love and frequently a learning curve. As an artist, I think we all search for answers when it comes to our art. 

To use the words of Emile Zola:
 "The artist is nothing without the gift, 
but the gift is nothing without the work."

Yes, creativity and imagination are gifts, but being able to paint,whether it be with watercolors, oils or any other media is hard work!

Read on to learn how to make your painting process easier!

I have spent most of my life in search of understanding the methods and rules of painting.I know the ins and outs of working with water media.  I am successful at breaking the rules that everyone talks about. Best of all, I not only understand the rules,  I teach them. For 30 years, I have been sharing my art methods in classes at community colleges and art centers around the U.S. My goal is to share this knowledge with anyone interested in learning how to be a better, more fearless artist. 

Click here to take a peak at the instructor's resume .


For me teaching is one of my passions. 

My goal as an instructor is to inspire others. 

I teach a variety of classes, but it is my Fearless Painting Techniques that I have become best known for. 
My workshops are designed to teach artists how to use an assortment of watercolors, acrylics, collage, crayon resist, printing - and just about anything else that can be found to make a mark.


Yes, I am a Fearless Artist and I would like to help you to become fearless, also.







I paint using some unusual methods. 


I pour my watercolors & acrylics. 



Have you ever tried pouring paint? It is a great way to loosen up!
Do you like to experiment?
Would you like to learn how to use more than a number 12 round watercolor brush to create a landscape? 
Have you ever wanted to try layering paint and paper to create texture?

If any of these questions intrigue you, then I invite you to come with me to Acadia, Maine and experience a painting workshop unlike any other that you have ever taken! 

Are you ready to be Fearless? 


-BY LAND OR BY SEA-  IS A FEARLESS MIXED WATER MEDIA PAINTING OPPORTUNITY!

coming to the Acadia Workshop Center July 11- 14 , 2016 - 
This four day workshop is $ 595.00

Click here to register for this class



Fearless Painting classes are perfect for the artist that wants to find new ways of being creative! 
Please read on to learn more about the fun & creative things you will learn while taking your painting skills on this adventure.

This workshop is about studying unique mixed water media art methods that lend themselves to creating dynamic, dimensional land and seascape artwork in any style, including abstraction, using watercolors, acrylics and collage on paper and or canvas. 

"Seabreeze" 20 x 24
mixed media
using poured watercolors & fluid acrylics
on canvas ©2010


"Seaviews"
15 x 22 poured watercolors, acrylics
and collage on paper
In this four day workshop, you will be working in the Acadia Workshop Center's art studio and we will be painting and taking pictures on location throughout Acadia, Maine.



 You will be introduced to a variety of tools you never thought you could paint with!



          You will study the proper use of being Fearless with a mix of materials to create land or sea inspired imagery.
         You will also have an opportunity, during one day's demos to learn, see and understand how digital photography is a fantastic tool of inspiration for any artist.

Read on to see all of the wild and fun memories you can make while studying with me the fearless way!

There will be lots of demonstrations showcasing my outrageous, fearless and beguiling techniques.  

I will help you to understand such skills as :
Planning & Organizing a mixed media landscape painting.
   Using gesso on paper.
Preparation of a water media canvas.


          Learn by watching and doing 
1)      Watch how I tame the savage beast of painting with watercolors
2)      See how to create drama with mixed media.
3)      Create your own variety of textures with acrylics, watercolors or whatever you  enjoy painting with and take home your own Fearless Painting Techniques guide.
4)      Enjoy plenty of independent painting time utilizing the techniques demonstrated both on location and in the studio to create stunning paintings inspired by the Maine coastline. 
         
5)     Be inspired by a water media Marine and New England art history presentation
      6)  Learn how to create unique looking                 surfaces by layering objects and using                 a variety of wet into wet techniques.


           7)     Learn the ins and outs of using collage        to create fun textural effects- 

Sign up for this workshop 

Come be an inspired artist with Elise Beattie. I will show YOU how to be Fearless and outrageous with paint, canvas and paper!





Until next time my friends, thank you for visiting my blog. 

If you have questions about this workshops or my art please drop me an email .

You can also find out more about my latest adventures by visiting my Facebook Art Page.

Have you visited my web site, recently?





Comments

Popular Posts