From the kitchen of Mrs. Claus

'Tis the season to be creative. 

What do you do during the month of November? Are you like me do you design your own holiday cards to send out to friends and family?Every year, I create a new Christmas card. Each design is unique .  This year, I was having a tough time deciding what to create? The clock was ticking, it was the night before Thanksgiving and I still had not come up with an original design...

What is an elf to do?


I looked around and what did I see?
A woman covered from head to knee.
I was speckled with flour all over,
Sugar crystals shined in the light.
I hadn't an idea of what I was doing,
Until I let imagination take flight!

Inspired by my Thanksgiving day preparations, there it was...This year's holiday card came to mind, landing like Santa and his sleigh.


"Mrs.Claus's Kitchen" ©Beattie 2015


Now direct from the kitchen at the North Pole...
SANTA'S FAVORITE WALNUT CHEESECAKE COOKIES
1/2 cup softened butter + 3 oz. cream cheese + 1 large egg separated
+ 1 tsp vanilla + 1 tsp grated lemon peel + 1/4 tsp salt + 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar + 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour + 1 cup finely chopped walnuts + Cherry or jam of choice.
1} Cream together the butter, cream cheese, egg yolk, vanilla, lemon peel and salt until well blended.
2} Gradually mix in powdered sugar & then sifted flour to make a stiff dough. Chill dough for easier handling. 
3} When cookie dough is chilled, shape into small balls about 1" in diameter. 
4} Dip balls- one at a time into beaten,foamy egg whites-allowing excess egg white to drip back- then roll cookie into finely chopped nuts. 
5} Arrange cookies 2" apart on un-greased cookie sheet and make a depression into center of each cookie. Bake at 325 degrees until cookies begin to lightly brown on the bottom.
6} Carefully remove cookies to wire racks and while hot, fill each depression with jam and let cool.


And now how about a little video to go along with those tasty cookies Mrs. Claus just made.....


To one and all who are friends of Beattie-Artworks, I thank you for your  interest & support of my artwork.

Until next year, I wish you A Very Happy & Healthy Holiday Season!

Sincerely yours,
Elise 

Comments

Popular Posts