Inspiration,the Fearless way!

     

Fearless Artist News

 It's March and spring is around the corner. The snow is still piled up in every corner of my yard. I can watch the resident moose trimming the thule evergreens from my kitchen as I bake cookies.
The evening temperatures are cold enough that my cat refuses to come out from under the covers!
         During this time of year, I enjoy spending time in my studio exercising my paint brush as I watch the snow fall. But this year has been different. This year, life interrupted the ebb and flow of my creative energy. Like many artists, my life, my attitude and creativity are intertwined. I live to be creative and inspire others.
      Thankfully, nothing was serious and a variety of medical staff helped me to heal by facilitating the use of my creative energy through therapy! There was physical therapy to keep my hand flexible and personal "Fearless" therapy exercises that I developed to keep my mind occupied, while I convalesce.
       Mind you, I am not a licensed physical therapist, I am an artist dedicated to inspiring others to be fearless! So today, I thought that this would be a good time to write a blog about some of the  "Fearless therapy" painting exercises I have been exploring in order to facilitate my personal healing process. Perhaps my story will help others to find ways to continue  being fearlessly creative, even when life interrupts.What did I do to maintain my creative sanity?

Keep Painting!

 I broke my hand and I am not ambidexterous. My dominate right hand hurt, was encased in a plastic cast and useless! I was not able to paint holding a brush steadily in my left hand. I was unable to draw a straight line or fill in a shape without escaping the borders of my design. I was frustrated!
     But I have come to realize that frustration is merely a mind set. Some days to find success, one needs to experience a change of thought, of attitude and not choose to be locked into a method of operation that will not work. So I adapted my painting techniques to reflect a different approach. I chose to paint for healing and not worry about the end product.Hard to do, when one is in the business of art.Yes, it was a challenge! But I am the fearless artist

Giving the "New Idea" a try

It was time for me to flex my mind. Time for me to find ways that would allow me to enjoy some kind of painting process.   I needed to provide me with creative therapy. But how? I gave myself permission to play!
Yes, Play! I sat myself down with the sole purpose of seeing if I could create something, anything, that would make me smile. 
So, I decided to play with techniques, like they were a set of toy animals on a pretend farm. Setting up an aray of products in different pens around my drafting table.

First, I tried painting simple patterns & forms with my left hand,using a simple "Zentangle" approach. I gave pouring acrylics an opportunity, watching closely to see what patterns would miraculously appear before my eyes.


 There was  a point where I gave blowing paint through a straw a twirl. Fun as long as one remembers to continuously exhale!Amazing patterns came from  puffing through the straw to create unique flows of color.



 I block printed using children's rubber stamps.


..o.k so the end result was less than elegant, but the energy I used giving these painterly experiences a try brought me an enjoyable release. 

"Aquarium l" 8 x 10 mixed media on paper
I was fearless as I swam around in my little aquarium! 
      A change of thought about what I could or could not do with a broken hand brought me an opportunity to be creative. After weeks of inactivity, I was once again Fearless. I am grateful to write that the pay off is I now have both of my hands in working order and I have acquired a new set of techniques to utilize in my future art.
All I can do is smile as I am once again back to painting & inspiring others!

Learn more about my painting methods by checking out my Fearless Painting classes for 2019.


2019 is going to be a busy year! I have many types of painting opportunities available for you to check out. 
Please scroll down if you are interested in signing up for any of my fun events.

"Pizza and Paint"at Brother's Office Pizzeria    12928 E Mansfield ave Spokane Valley, WA


Choose from 3 Wednesday "I paint and You Paint, Fearlessly" event dates:

 April 3,2019 We will paint
"Northwest Sunset"
Enjoy an evening as I guide you through the steps of painting this landscape and the other inspirational scenes below!


May 1st,2019 We will paint 
"April showers bring May flowers"
Enjoya slice of Pizza and a drink as you paint this 16 x 20 acrylic painting.
June 5th, 2019 We will paint
"Sunflower fun"
All of your art supplies : paint, brushes, canvas and acrylic paints are provided at each Pizza and Paint event!

Each evening session is $ 45.00 and comes with a slice of pizza, 1 beverage,  brushes, paints and canvas and an evening to remember painting !

Pay pal accepts Visa, MC and Debit.

And while you are at the Brother's office...

I invite you to enjoy my latest exhibition of art available for sale at all three of the Brother's restaurants.

1298 E Mansfiled Ave. Spokane Valley, WA
13221 E. 32nd Ave Spokane Valley, WA
and
21651 E. Country Vista Suite A, 
Liberty Lake, WA.

Are you looking for something new to do?

This winter I started a new series of classes dedicated to having fun with acrylics. If you want to experience an easy 2 hour Tuesday, morning class that costs only $ 12.00 ....I invite you to sign up for:

Pop In And Paint with Acrylics, Fearlessly at Spokane Art Supply.

Bring your own paintings and work with me to help you paint and answer your art questions.
Or if you prefer just bring in your acrylic art supplies and a canvas to enjoy a "I paint , You paint" project and follow me as we create a work of art together. 

My next class session starts Tuesdays March 26, 
then on April 2 is "Paint your pet" reservations required by emailing me a photo of your pet + cost of canvas, which will be pre-drawn on your canvas, April 9 completion of paint your pet and April 16 " Playing with abstraction".

to find out more and to sign up for one of these morning art classes.


Spokane Community College 
Fearless Painting Classes

1810 N. Greene St. Spokane, Wa

Have you been painting with watercolors or acrylics for a while and want to know more about mixing brillant colors?
How about signing up for a class that promises to be an easy and fearless way to understand color theory?

"Fearless and colorful Painting for acrylics and watercolors" is my newest color class!
Starting on Wednesdays April 17 - May 22/2019 from 5:30 - 7:30

Whether you work with watercolors or acrylics I can help you understand to to use color successfully. Be inspired as you learn all about color theory the fearless way!  
Learn how color combinations work. Study how to intensify your art through color. Create unique moods in your work. 
If you are a painter who is having a tough time mixing just the right color, then let me help you!

Click on this SCC link to help you learn how to use dynamic colors and make them work for you in your art!

Are you a beginning painter and want to learn how to handle watercolors or acrylics? Scroll down to check out my beginner's Fearless classes.

My beginner's Fearless Painting for Acrylics starts on
Tuesdays April 30 - June 4
Remember it is fun and easy to learn how to paint the fearless way! This class will get you started with everything you need to know about using acrylic paints, brushes and mediums on paper and canvas. This class will help you find new ways to express yourself and be inspired! So come join me for some spring time fun by clicking on this Spokane Community College web site link.

My Fearless Painting for Watercolors class starts on
Thursdays May 2 - June 6,2019 also at Spokane Community College from 5:30-7:30.

Here is what some of my students have to say about taking this class:
"I feel the fear has rubbed off and I can say I am fearlessly watercoloring."
"
"Such a great time!"

"I feel a lot more confident in my abilitie after this course and am so grateful for the opportunity."
Come on down to Spokane Community College and let me inspire you and bring out your inner fearless artist. 
Sign up for this class by going to the SCC web site page.

And now for something completely different.........................!

"Fearless Painting for acrylics on fabric" 
Yes , here it is paint your own t'shirt, apron or anything using acrylics on fabric.
sign up for  this one night only class on
Wednesday May 29 from 5:30 -8:30

Learn how to use acrylic paints on fabric to paint your own clothing.
Yes, you can create beautiful wearable art for yourself or to give as a gift. 
Watch my step by step instructions and have some fun as we use acrylic paints and fabric mediums to paint something different!





Until next time my friends, thank you for visiting my blog. Enjoy your creativity and have some fun being a fearless artist. 

If you have questions about this workshops or my art please drop me an email through this blog site.

You can also find out more about my latest adventures, artwork and classes by visiting my Facebook Art Page.

Did you know that I have made many art videos? I invite you to check out my Fearless Painting channel "Painting with Elise Beattie" which exhibits lots of information about my art and techniques on YouTube?

Have you visited my web site, recently? 











Comments

Popular Posts